Car charger won't charge phone when using Navigation

Benton

Reaction score
I use the GPS all the time and have adopted two work arounds for this issue.

1. Using a small piece of plastic (2" x 1") I formed a deflector that slides into the AC vent and directs a small amount of air to wash over the windshield mount of the droid. It doesn't take much air to cool the device while in GPS but on a hot day with no air flow that area and the phone get quite warm in direct sunlight...maybe the windshield mount shouldn't be black!

2. Using a 6" x 6" piece of a notbook paper placed over the back of the windshield mount keeps the phone and the black mount out of the sun and in the shade. The paper has no impact on the GPS reception and all seems to work good unless the car is sitting in direct sunlight for a long time...use method #1 above.

Reaction score
I've actually noticed this as well on my Droid. My battery seems to drain when I'm using navigation with the phone plugged into the stock Verizon phone charger.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
AAAAC9obuzkAAAAAAJboYg.jpg

this is what I use. $11.99 @ pepboys. Vent mount, pinch style, rotating....

it slips out of the bottom mount thing that can be mounted to a dash.... has the standard vent mount

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've actually noticed this as well on my Droid. My battery seems to drain when I'm using navigation with the phone plugged into the stock Verizon phone charger.
Again, how many mA does it supply? If the GPS receiver uses more power than the charger provides you'll have that problem. "Stock Verizon" doesn't mean anything. Verzion sells a lot of aftermarket accessories.

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
Again, how many mA does it supply? If the GPS receiver uses more power than the charger provides you'll have that problem. "Stock Verizon" doesn't mean anything. Verzion sells a lot of aftermarket accessories.

ever find anything out?? I went on vacation last week and the sun was not out or hot out or anything and my droid would still not hold a charge while using navigation and plugged in using a verizon car charger..