Charge issue in the car

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
When I have my Droid in the car dock and have the navigator running giving me directions the battery starts to decharge even when its connected to the car charger. It happens when I'm on long road trips. For example if its connected for about an hour and a half its still 100%, but when its more than this it starts to lose charge, but the battery shows the charging graphic even though the battery is actually decharging. Even when I turn the navigation off, but keep it in the doc its still looks like its decharging. When I pull it out of the doc and put it on my seat it starts to charge again.
Anyone have this issue?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which charger are you using and how many mA does it provide? If you're using more then you're putting in then you can definitely lose charge even though it says its charging. iPhone users have run into this sort of problem as well.

ThermalGuy

Reaction score
Charging in Car

I use a lot of mobile gear in teh car so I have a 700 watt inverter with two outlets. I just plug in the regular A/C house charger rated at 5.1V 850 mA

Regular USB is typically 500mA max

LordKastle

Reaction score
sooner or later I'll need to pick up a car charger for precautionary reasons.

that being said...does anyone have any ideas on what charger is the proper one to buy?

I know how fickle some devices can be and basically I want the official charger for the phone.

OP
ForensicDroid

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
I use a lot of mobile gear in teh car so I have a 700 watt inverter with two outlets. I just plug in the regular A/C house charger rated at 5.1V 850 mA

Regular USB is typically 500mA max

I honestly really have no idea what you just said.:confused: