Can't send picture messages

tjconn728

Reaction score
I've had an AT&T S8 for about 9 months. I usually just use the default messaging app, but switched over the summer because the native app would not send/receive messages in order if sent in quick succession, which made reading conversations difficult if I didn't see them as they happened.

However, any other texting app I've tried will not send photos or videos. Group texts work fine, so it's not all MMS messages. If I switch back to the native app, I can send the picture, and then when I change the default back to something else, the pictures don't show up in my chat history and will continue to not send. This is driving me crazy. Any suggested fixes?

Ideally, I'd use the Verizon Messages+ app (which works fine for me on AT&T other than the pictures), because it has a suggested emoji feature that I like and can't find in any other app, but at this point anything that shows messages in the proper order and will send pictures will do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using DroidForums

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum. Do AT&T phones have an option somewhere in the Settings to enable MMS when sending texts? Or an option like that in the third party text apps you have tried? I'm not sure how AT&T works, but as an example on Verizon: all MMS messages use the cellular signal even if the phone is on WiFi.

OP
T

tjconn728

Reaction score
The app I am using has an option for "system" or "legacy" for MMS mode, but neither are able to send pictures. I couldn't find any options for MMS messaging for the phone in general.

Sent from my SM-G950U using DroidForums