cant send photos thru text anymore

OP
johnnypopoff

johnnypopoff

Reaction score
I think just for the h3ll of it I'm going to bestbuy and exchange my phone for a new one with a better camera

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
go to the 'camera' and find the pic you want to send. then there should be a 'share' or 'send' option.

sir

Reaction score
start a message with a contact, hit the menu button, go to Attach, and select what you want. I just successfully sent an MMS.

OP
johnnypopoff

johnnypopoff

Reaction score
go to the 'camera' and find the pic you want to send. then there should be a 'share' or 'send' option.

LOL I know how too, te phone isn't executing it..here's another example....I go to a empty message and try to locate a contact by taping on the TO tap and NONe of my contacts pops up when I type the entire name in the space bar and send a text and or pic it gets kicked back as undeliverable

OP
johnnypopoff

johnnypopoff

Reaction score
The only way I can send it from the TO tab is a gotta local my contacts write down everyones physical number and type the cell number in the tab in order to send ANYTHING,I wonder why is that??

OP
johnnypopoff

johnnypopoff

Reaction score
so i took it to verizon and they exchange it no questions asked AND THE NEW PHONE WILL NOT RECOGNIZE MY CONTACTS AND THERE NUMBERS, and when i send photos via text it reads INVALID ADDRESS,called moto and theyre clueless do i return it for phone number 3
makes matters worst my wife walks in with a brand new storm2 ran her software while i was screaming on the phone disconnted her s2 went back upstairs like she doesnt have a care in the world

Last edited:
OP
johnnypopoff

johnnypopoff

Reaction score
quick update..i just deleted everyone in my entire contact list and the gmail account i added 1 contact (my wife) she THEN texted me... i saved her...i took a picture... and tried sending it via text and it came back INVALID ADDRESS.....WTF

pattont

Reaction score
See Below Link:

How to fix the Motorola DROID MMS bug | Gear Live

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/73558

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Droid MMS "invalid address" Glitch

MMS and "invalid address" - Android Forums

MMS Picture messaging fails - Android Forums

I am having the exact same issue you are having. My problem isn't that an MMS won't send its, that it won't send to some people. I.E. I can send a picture to my father, but not my fiance. I have tried the 'proposed solution' that they have posed here without any luck. The area code fix does not work. Supposidly, Verizon knows about it and I think the Dec. 11 update is going to address the issue.

See page 5 of Dec 11th update:
Motorola Droid OTA Update Coming December 11th? | Android Phone Fans

Hope this helps! Hang in there!

shobe

Reaction score
I found that this only occurs when I try to send a pic to someone on a blackberry, specifically on Verizon's network. Not sure why, but pics send to everyone else on other networks. Very strange.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I found that this only occurs when I try to send a pic to someone on a blackberry, specifically on Verizon's network. Not sure why, but pics send to everyone else on other networks. Very strange.

I've been able to send my Sister pics and videos to her Storm (I know....) today with no issues at all....