Can't send MMS (Pictures)

natezire71

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just noticed a problem on my phone. I tried sending a picture to two different friends, and it would not send. Friend A has a Palm Centro. Friend B has a enV3. I've never had problems sending pictures until I recently went rooted. I am running Sapphire 0.8.4. I have the Black Bar mod installed. Other than that, I have no theming really. I don't use Handcent, or any other program. I use the Stock one that came with Sapphire. I've tried sending pictures to both Verizon users, and non-Verizon users. Still no luck. When I send a picture, it comes up on the conversation, and says "Sending..." and stays there. If you long press on the pictures, and select "Message Details" it says it "Sent." That's not true, as it never makes it to the receiving end. :(

What do I do?! :O

All help is appreciated! :)

PS: Please don't tell me I should "try Handcent because it's amazing," as I don't want to use Handcent. I've tried it, and didn't feel the need for it. Sorry if that sounded a bit mean.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets put your thread in the section for your ROM and see if you can get some help there.

serveitup911

Reaction score
Go to your home screen and press the back button 4 times.
Then hold down the Alt key for 10 seconds.
Next, do a battery pull. Leave the battery out for 30 seconds. Reinsert the battery and power the phone on.
While the phone is booting up, find a 1971 dime and a 1994 quarter, and spin them on a table (you might want to go get those coins ahead of time because they need to be spinning while the phone is booting).
Once you get to the homescreen, type this exactly: "MMS initialize script execute". Once you type that, hit the back button 4 times, just like you did in the first step.
Now, try your MMS messaging - it should work.

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
Next, do a battery pull. Leave the battery out for 30 seconds. Reinsert the battery and power the phone on.
While the phone is booting up, find a 1971 dime and a 1994 quarter, and spin them on a table (you might want to go get those coins ahead of time because they need to be spinning while the phone is booting).
Once you get to the homescreen, type this exactly: "MMS initialize script execute". Once you type that, hit the back button 4 times, just like you did in the first step.

Are you serious?

serveitup911

Reaction score
Haha, trying to add some humor! The serious step was the 30 second battery pull.

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score

Dude, I'm not doing that--for obvious reasons.

If you saw the other post, sorry. I couldn't tell if you were kidding or not. :O Forgive me. (And the battery pull didn't work).

Last edited:

serveitup911

Reaction score
Wait, you aren't doing what? A battery pull? That won't hurt anything and is a common first troubleshooting step.

I think most people reading would find that humorous, especially with your repeated bumps, pleas for help, and emoticons. If people don't respond, they don't know.

In all seriousness, have you tried a battery pull yet?

EDIT: Now I saw your edit. Sorry the battery pull didn't work. I don't know what would cause your problem.

Last edited:
OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
Yeah man.

It didn't work.

I know I'm bumping it, mainly because I NEED to send a picture. :p

serveitup911

Reaction score
Did you attach the picture through messaging, or did you use the share feature through the gallery? If you did one way, try the other way.

serveitup911

Reaction score
Try dialing *22899 to update your PRLs. Maybe it's an issue with how your phone is communicating with the towers.

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
Update my Roaming capabilities? I've already done that. Unless PRL'S are something different?

serveitup911

Reaction score
It's the same; I think PRL stands for preferred roaming list.

I'm out of ideas for now, but I will think more and post back if I have a revelation that might help.

Good luck.

P.S.
Sorry if you didn't get my humor the first time; I promise I'm a nice person, and I thought a laugh would help your frustration. I really do hope you can get it working!