Can't send MMS (Pictures)

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
I just did it. It said it would take up to 15mins though. :p

Nah man, it's cool. I did think it was funny. xD I just mis-interpreted it. It's my bad, ya seem like a nice dude.

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
It still doesn't work. :\

Actually, I realized something.

A few weeks back, I tired to install this:

Download: New MMS.apk With Custom Settings - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I installed it, it worked fine. However, I realized I wasn't crazy about the old layout, as I had grown accustomed to the new 2.2 layout. So, I deleted it off my phone, and reversed those instructions to allow me to have the 2.2 Froyo Messaging app, (the one that came with Sapphire 0.8.4).

I'm not sure if this would have anything to do with it?

Mayh3m

Hoodie Ninja
Premium Member
Reaction score
Idk if it may be the same issue we had a while back but ill walk you trough this.

1. Make a nandroid backup
2. Flash to a rom where your pix works. Bb works fine
3. Verify the pix msging works
4. Using root explorer go to /system/app/telephonyprovider.apk
5. Make a copy of this to your sd
6. Restore to sapphire
7. Useing root explorer delete sapphires telephonyprovider.apk and replace with the one on your sd (remember to give it correct permissions)
8. Reboot and verify it sends now.
IF YOU MESS UP AT ANY POINT JUST RESTORE AND TRY AGAIN.

Please tell me if this works for you. If you need furthrer help feel free to contact me though gtalk and ill walk you through this.8ts in my siggy

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
Idk if it may be the same issue we had a while back but ill walk you trough this.

1. Make a nandroid backup
2. Flash to a rom where your pix works. Bb works fine
3. Verify the pix msging works
4. Using root explorer go to /system/app/telephonyprovider.apk
5. Make a copy of this to your sd
6. Restore to sapphire
7. Useing root explorer delete sapphires telephonyprovider.apk and replace with the one on your sd (remember to give it correct permissions)
8. Reboot and verify it sends now.
IF YOU MESS UP AT ANY POINT JUST RESTORE AND TRY AGAIN.

Please tell me if this works for you. If you need furthrer help feel free to contact me though gtalk and ill walk you through this.8ts in my siggy

That sounds like it might work.

I actually stayed up all night re-rooting my phone. I apparently killed the battery, so it had to be plugged in to the wall charger. I now just finally fixed it. It took me several hours. I'll probably do this tonight. :) Thanks!

Mayh3m

Hoodie Ninja
Premium Member
Reaction score
Np man and now that I think about it you can pull the apk from a nandroid if you know it worked in one

vzwtek

Reaction score
Try dialing *22899 to update your PRLs. Maybe it's an issue with how your phone is communicating with the towers.

Prl's dont deal with data provisioning. All that update does is provide the phone with the MDN, MIN, and PRL. Your phone does the work form there with that. The issue is 2 things.

1. Did mms work before you did root and Rom flash. If yes, try the suggestion of going back to stock or other that works and getting the Telephony.apk. (BTW good job with that, i'm impressed, I'll let you handle some of my calls with that kind of brain, lol.)

2. If it didnt work before hand, then most likely it is something on the provisioning on the network end, this is rare, but it happens, if this is the case, then you will have to call tech support and pray you have someone with a brain.

Mayh3m

Hoodie Ninja
Premium Member
Reaction score
(BTW good job with that, i'm impressed, I'll let you handle some of my calls with that kind of brain, lol.)

Lmao don't give me to much credit. When sapphire first came out we had no mms. Took forever to figure it out but cvpcs threw me an idea and we got it. Thx tho lol

welterbf123

Reaction score
Well...I use Handcent and once upon a time I thought it would be a good idea to uninstall the stock messaging app since I didn't use it. When I did, my MMS quit working. It seems that MMS needs the stock app to work. Did you uninstall the stock app? Maybe you should try reinstalling Google Apps.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well...I use Handcent and once upon a time I thought it would be a good idea to uninstall the stock messaging app since I didn't use it. When I did, my MMS quit working. It seems that MMS needs the stock app to work. Did you uninstall the stock app? Maybe you should try reinstalling Google Apps.

Im pretty sure he is still using the stock app from what I read in the first post.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

vzwtek

Reaction score
(BTW good job with that, i'm impressed, I'll let you handle some of my calls with that kind of brain, lol.)

Lmao don't give me to much credit. When sapphire first came out we had no mms. Took forever to figure it out but cvpcs threw me an idea and we got it. Thx tho lol

I was the same way when the touch pro unlocker and first roms came out. I had all my friends calling me about how we could fix it. unfortunately situations like this not as easy as arcsoft mms, or generic arcsoft mms. lol. I dont have as much time to play anymore, lol.

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
I haven't uninstalled anything. I use stock messaging. I tried going back to stock, and it worked. So, does that mean I take the Telephony.apk from the stock and put it on the Sapphire?

Would that even work?

Mayh3m

Hoodie Ninja
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you copy the telephony.apk on to your sd flash to sapphire and replace the one there (don't forget the permissions BIG THING) then it will work. Now mind you this may not be what's. Been causing the issue, you'll know if the telephony doesn't work bc you'll get a ****load of fc then you'll have to restore so make sure you make a back up. Biggest thing tho is the permissions

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. It just didn't really make sense to me that it would be okay with mixing and matching OS' .apks. Guess I was wrong. I'll have to give this one a try.

Mayh3m

Hoodie Ninja
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you want. Reboot your phone, try to send ann mms, get a logcat (in terminal type su enter logcat) and email it to me and ill see if you get the right err for this fix

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
You'd do that? You ROCK. :) (No homo). Sure, pm me your email.

Edit: Nevermind, it's in your sig. I'm so off today.

Last edited: