Can't send AOL mail but receiving it

njjwil

Reaction score
I am not able to send AOL emails, but I am receiving them. Does anyone know the correct settings for a Droid2 and AOL? My settings: smtp.aol.com - port 587.

OP
N

njjwil

Reaction score
No, have not figured it out yet. Any ideas?

OP
N

njjwil

Reaction score
Aloha!

I went back to the dealer who sold me the phone before I read your last post because I was experiencing slow operations of all apps recently. She deleted the "little green droid guy" app killer and downloaded a "fast reboot" app instead which increased performance speed dramatically, but I have to run it manually a few times per day. She then disconnected the battery and ran *22899 when we reconnected the battery and had me renter my aol email address and password. Now I can receive and send email through aol. The incoming aol server is set to imap with 993 port #. The outgoing aol is smtp with 465 port number. So far all is well in the digital world again. Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it.

Wrh23

Reaction score
Can someone please explain the folllowing: and ran *22899 when we reconnected the battery and had me renter my aol [COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important]email[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] address and password. Now I can receive and [COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important]send [/FONT][COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important]email[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] through aol. The incoming aol server is set to imap with 993 port #. The outgoing aol is smtp with 465 port number.

I am having this same problem, I can receive AOL emails all day long but get a returned email error message when I try to send it