Can't select menu items in recovery mode

corefile

Reaction score
I had everything working great for last couple week running skyraider anywho last night I decided to try out a newer ROM (just when I get it perfect I have to tweak it). I put it on my SD card, but into recovery and do a full wipe. then I choose the rom from the SD card and I install it. No problem. I reboot, go through setup (I did a full wipe) and the ROM is stable and looks good. So then I put the King kernel on my SD card and I boot into recovery to install a new kernel. clockworkmod comes up fine, I can navigate to the menu but I can't select any menu item by pushing my optical tractball (DINC). So now I'm in recovery but I can't select anything, did not install kernel cause I can't get to "install from SD". I even try push and holding the button. Nothing! I can't even select reboot. so I have to pull the battery! everything runs fine on the phone that I can tell but I just can't select any menu item in recovery. I tried down grading and upgrading clockworkmod, I tried reinstalling the clockworkmod zip. everything seems to work but I can't select a dang menu item. Any ideas?

My Setup
Droid Incredible
SkyRaider 2.5.2
Baseband 2.15
Kernel 2.6.32.15 (one that comes in Skyraider)
clockworkmod 2.5.0.5
HBOOT 0.79
S-Off

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure what is happening with your recovery. Might want to jump on irc and ask koush about it. But to get the kernel on you could use rom manager to select it and install it.