Can't SBF back to froyo?

charlesgba42

Reaction score
I'm running the latest Android OS, Gingerbread, I attempted to SBF back to Froyo but when I'm 97% executed on RSD Lite v4.9, it fails...any tips?

km75

Reaction score
How many times have u attempted the sbf? Also what type of phone do you have?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
What system are you on? Xp? Win 7? You're using the full sbf file? Also, make sure you're using a 2.0 USB port (sounds silly, but i ran into an issue myself because of this)

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

james23972

Reaction score
well as for me.. i have about 5 times and whenever i choose my SBF in RSD it dosent show in properties.. and also i get my phone in bootloader mode and connect it to RSD and it dosent show.. ive tried the option 'first come first serve' and ' automatically detect phone' and still nothing.. i have a droidX on stock GB and trying to SBF back to froyo so i can install the rootted version of GB. ive tried RSD lite v4.8 and v.4.9 :( any help!!

james23972

Reaction score
im on vista and i think so.. i got my SBF file from this video.. its one of those links in the desciption of this video [video=youtube;lEKH1jFMTJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEKH1jFMTJI]YouTube - ‪Part 1 of 2: How to Install Official Build of Gingerbread .596 (Rooted) on Droid X‬‏[/video]

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The sbf file is extracted right? Rsd won't read a zipped file. Your phone should be in bootloader before plugging in and if you're using win 7 (or maybe even vista?) You'll need to run rsd as administrator. Make sure your drivers are updated as well From the motorola site

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0