Can't run Safestrap on Droid 3 v1.08

Charles_cz

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm stuck and need help... I have rooted my phone, installed Droid 3 :Safestrap: v1.08 but I get error message when I try to run it.

Error message:

The application Safestrap (process com.hashcode.droid3safestrap) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Only option is to Force close.

I have tried to reinstall, clear data - no luck with same error message.

What do I do to fix it? What are my alternatives if I want to flash some custom ROM?

Please help me out here.. Thanks. Charles

OP
C

Charles_cz

Reaction score
Oh... and I have followed these steps in other thread for Steel Droid 4.5 ROM

1: Download the 5.6.890 SBF file HERE
2: Download RSDLite 5.5 HERE
3: Extract the contents of the SBF file to a folder on your computer
4: Install RSDLite
5: Boot the Droid 3 into bootloader by holding both Vol+ & Vol- at the same time when powering the phone on
6: Select "AP Fastboot" and press Vol+ to select it
7: Select the XML from the extracted SBF file in RSDLite
8: Connect the phone, and when it says "Connected", hit "Start"
9: Wait for the phone to finish flashing, and booting (it will reboot a couple times, leave it alone, its supposed to!)
10: Install and run Petes Motorola Root Tools. Download it HERE
11: Follow the instructions in the app to root your phone
12: Once rooted, use Koush's Droid 3 Bootstrap app to install CWM Recovery (or Hashcodes Safestrap, recommended)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm stuck and need help... I have rooted my phone, installed Droid 3 :Safestrap: v1.08 but I get error message when I try to run it.

Error message:

The application Safestrap (process com.hashcode.droid3safestrap) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Only option is to Force close.

What do I do to fix it? What are my alternatives if I want to flash some custom ROM?

Have you tried redownloading the file?

Does it show in superuser app?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
C

Charles_cz

Reaction score
Yes, I have tried to re-download several times.
I have to see figure out where to check if it shows in superuser app. ;)

OP
C

Charles_cz

Reaction score
Should I try try factory reset or it is not advised at this point? I don't have anything important on the phone. Just wondering if that would help.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
You should say how you got it working in case anyone else has the same issue.

OP
C

Charles_cz

Reaction score
If I just knew exactly what the problem was I would.. ;-)

My best bet is that problem was during root process. Downloaded One click root zip file extracted supporting files in separate folder. So during rooting files where not installed correctly. I have downloaded different file, same method but after extracting everything was in same directory. That was only difference. So I've rooted again and everything was working just fine.

SO...

1. Either during rooting not all support files where available for the program to use and install due to different location (there were in sub directory "support_files")
2. or some files where corrupted

I don't think it was related to Safestrap after all.

I hope it helps..

Last edited:

silvermiles

Reaction score
If I just knew exactly what the problem was I would.. ;-)

My best bet is that problem was during root process. Downloaded One click root zip file extracted supporting files in separate folder. So during rooting files where not installed correctly. I have downloaded different file, same method but after extracting everything was in same directory. That was only difference. So I've rooted again and everything was working just fine.

SO...

1. Either during rooting not all support files where available for the program to use and install due to different location (there were in sub directory "support_files")
2. or some files where corrupted

I don't think it was related to Safestrap after all.

I hope it helps..

I had the same problem. I was on liberty rom 2.0. I restored a nandroid backup to revert back to when I rooted my phone. Uninstalled clockwork recovery and installed safestrap. Safestrap kept force closing on me.

I sbf'd back to stock, re-rooted my phone, installed safestrap and it worked no problem. I'm not sure what the issue was.

grumio3

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid 3

Error message:

Oh god... I know this is from four years ago, but I have just tried these steps because I've had no luck with safestrap or any other program, now when I'm in in RSD Lite, the flash fails at step 6/18... The phone is now stuck in AP Flash Mode. If anyone knows how to fix this it would be much appreciated. I already uninstalled RSD and reinstalled to make sure I didn't miss any steps.

grumio3

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid 3
Oh god... I know this is from four years ago, but I have just tried these steps because I've had no luck with safestrap or any other program, now when I'm in in RSD Lite, the flash fails at step 6/18... The phone is now stuck in AP Flash Mode. If anyone knows how to fix this it would be much appreciated. I already uninstalled RSD and reinstalled to make sure I didn't miss any steps.
Downloaded another SBF and this one had 21 steps. The flash failed at 15/21.