Can't restore any stock backups in CWM

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
I have the verizon Galaxy s3. I first rooted and created a nandroid backup last week. Then proceeded to install CM10 unnofficial with kexec. created a backup of cm10 unnofficial then went back to stock without any issues. Today I ran a nandroid backup (still stock) then performed the EZ bootloader unlock, and installed the official CM10 nightly. Got JB setup to my liking then ran a nandroid backup of the official CM10 8-21 build. When i try to restore the stock backups it gets an error when trying to load the sytem.

Any thoughts or ideas on this? I can restore the CM10 backup from today without an issue and it runs fine. I'm thinking I might have to flash the stock image and then advance restore all parts except the system from CWM. I have tried relocking the bootloader and trying again, no luck.

I'm coming from Moto so familiar with SBF. But whats the process like on sammy devices?? I've gathered that I need Odin, but where do I get the full file for the verizon galaxy s3? Also does anyone have a full system dump from the s3 (mainly looking to pull a few apps from it)?

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Well just went through the odin process to put down a clean install. installing cwm through odin added a count to the binary counter samsung has. Not happy with that but oh well... will install the latest nightly of CM10 and see how that goes. The only thing I want to pull from the stock S3 software is the stock messaging app to throw into the JB install.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Moved to the Galaxy S3 Development forum. :)