Can't open MMS messages sent from a Blackberry ??

mommy2tyler

Reaction score
It seems that I can't open MMS messages sent from Blackberry phones. I have 2 friends with Blackberry Curve 8330s and they both do the same thing. The message shows up in their message thread on my Droid, but its just says " <Subject: nameoffile.jpg > "... no thumbnail of the photo... no link to click... nothing.

I can receive and open MMS messages fine from my other friends with non-Blackberry phones just fine. I see the thumbnail in their message thread, click it, and away we go.
I can send pictures to the Blackberries via MMS and they receive and open them fine.
I can send and receive regular text messages from both Blackberries just fine.
I can send and receive emails, including attachments, from them both just fine as well.

Any suggestions?

cinematicmatt

Reaction score
are you using handcent or chomp or anything? i had this problem a while ago with iphones, and i was using handcent. either it wouldn't come through at all or it wouldn't load a picture. i switched back to the original messaging system, and haven't had a problem since, both sending and receiving

kingofbass

Reaction score
Had the same problem since the droid came out and still don't work.

OP
M

mommy2tyler

Reaction score
Update:
I did a factory reset on my Droid and I can receive MMS messages from both of the Blackberries now.

nuclearbier

Reaction score
Update:
I did a factory reset on my Droid and I can receive MMS messages from both of the Blackberries now.

This fixed the same issue for me as well, but only temporarily :( Anyone else have any ideas on this issue? It is only with Blackberry phones that I have issues with.