Can't open gallery

krazzyjman

Reaction score
Every time I try to open my gallery to view my pictures it will start to open then just go back to my homescreen. Also I am trying to update my picture on twitter using my phone but when I go to gallery to select the picture it does the same thing.
Does anyone know what is wrong?
Edit: If it helps at all, I can open it if I go to my camera then press on the icon there. And when I try to open it normally the screen zooms in like it about to open, then it doesn't

kevinkar

Reaction score
It's happened to me before in the past and a reboot (off/on) or even a battery pull fixed it. However, since I updated to the last OTA (2.2.340, I think), I have not experienced it.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Every time I try to open my gallery to view my pictures it will start to open then just go back to my homescreen. Also I am trying to update my picture on twitter using my phone but when I go to gallery to select the picture it does the same thing.
Edit: If it helps at all, I can open it if I go to my camera then press on the icon there. And when I try to open it normally the screen zooms in like it about to open, then it doesn't

Try going to Manage Applications/All/Gallery/Clear Data/Clear Cache. Then reboot and try opening the Gallery. If that doesn't work you may have a Factory Hard Reset in you future.

timrock

Reaction score
If this doesn't work, prior to doing a factory reset, transfer all the contents on your memory card to your pc. Then format your memory card and transfer all the contents back. This has worked for me twice, with different cards.

Try going to Manage Applications/All/Gallery/Clear Data/Clear Cache. Then reboot and try opening the Gallery. If that doesn't work you may have a Factory Hard Reset in you future.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk