Can't Open Folders

VingInMedina

Reaction score
I am having a strange problem on my Droid. I have a couple folders on my main screen where I put stuff that sort of goes together. The problem I am having is that after a while, I can’t open the folder anymore. I have three folders and it won’t happen to them all at once, but after a while each folder in turn will not open. To correct this, the only thing that I’ve found that works is to reboot the phone. After I do that everything is fine again.

Has anyone else ever seen anything like this?

bluex232

Reaction score
Yes I have this problem, it happens to 3 of my folders and never happens to the other three...it is very annoying! Between the 3 folders I have to shut the phone down once a day because of this...any fix would be appreciated!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure this will resolve but if you have a task killer try removing.

bluex232

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I use them to get to my applications I use a lot. For example I have a Games folder so I can get to the games I play most quickly without having to scroll through all my applications. I have another for Internet stuff where I have Facebook, Browser, and Market...so not really a lot of things in each one. The third one that wont work for me has games that my son plays, this folder has the most stuff in it, probably 12 games.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use Apps Organizer. It allows me to create a folder and add any app I wish. I've not had any issues with this particular app.

Mike

jgumphress

Reaction score
I have had this to happen a couple of times and believe it to be a hickup in the system. A reboot always frees the folders up for me though.

GreaTeacheRopke

Reaction score
reboots always work, but that's annoying and we shouldn't be satisfied with that as the best solution.

yes i have an app killer...i'll try removing that and see if performance improves, though to be honest i rather like having it around.

nothing heavy duty in the folder.

interestingly enough, last night i found that eventually, the folder started working again without a reboot...then eventually wouldn't open again. will definitely check out apps organizer.