Can't make a backup using clockworkmod recovery

peggsie

Reaction score
I downloaded the 902 update, then I rooted using the motofail_windows.zip. I downloaded ROM Manager, flashed clockworkmod recovery for the bionic but when I try to do a backup it just reboots my phone. Appreciate any help.

gsDroid

Reaction score
I believe you have to have bionic bootstrap installed to use rom manager or to get into cw recovery where you can do nandroid backups.

Otakulad

Reaction score
I rooted my 902 FW phone with the motofail as well and installed bionic bootstrap and clockworkmod. Going to do a back up, but when it gets to backing up data, it seems to be frozen. The status bar does not fill. How long should the backup take? Thanks.

OP
peggsie

peggsie

Reaction score
I rooted my 902 FW phone with the motofail as well and installed bionic bootstrap and clockworkmod. Going to do a back up, but when it gets to backing up data, it seems to be frozen. The status bar does not fill. How long should the backup take? Thanks.

My data portion of the backup took about 10 minutes and the progress bar was always moving.

gsDroid

Reaction score
If you are having the problem trying to make the backup in Rom Manager, try booting into bootstrap recovery and making the backup there.