Can't install some apps

For some reason i can not install angry birds and this other puzzle game. I've cleared the market data several times but for some reason i cannot install them. Any ideas of what is wrong?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Let's start with the dumb questions first. :)

Have you rebooted? What kind of issues are you having with the install? It wont' start? Hangs? Stalls?

OP
VideoGameMatt

VideoGameMatt

Let's start with the dumb questions first. :)

Have you rebooted? What kind of issues are you having with the install? It wont' start? Hangs? Stalls?

rebooted several times i've tried over a few days. It downloads then when it goes to install it says "Install unsuccessful". And it is just these two applications. I can install other applications but for some reason these two just choose not to install.

OP
VideoGameMatt

VideoGameMatt

Hmm. Have you tried to install the ad-supported version of Angry Birds from GetJar - Appsolutely Everything for Nokia, BlackBerry, Android, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG, Palm. just to see if it's the app or something up with your phone?

ok so i just used that site and then downloaded the apk to my computer then uploaded it to dropbox then i used dropbox to install the apk and it still won't install. I think my Droid hates birds because the other app that wont install is a penguins of madagascar puzzle game :icon_eek:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
LOL. Prejudiced phone. That's a first one for me. :)

It kinda sounds like you have something lingering from a previous install. Are you rooted?

Zac7

I am on cm6 and I can't install angry birds either. I wish I knew why I really want to try this game.

Zac7

It downloads all the way then says install unsuccessful. I read that it needs a lot of room to install so I freed up 62mb and it still wont install. Any ideas as how to get it to work?

OP
VideoGameMatt

VideoGameMatt

This is a very baffling problem. If we can't even sideload the app then there must be something about the app and the rom that don't like each other. This is so confusing o_O