Can't install some apps

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
For some reason i can not install angry birds and this other puzzle game. I've cleared the market data several times but for some reason i cannot install them. Any ideas of what is wrong?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Let's start with the dumb questions first. :)

Have you rebooted? What kind of issues are you having with the install? It wont' start? Hangs? Stalls?

OP
VideoGameMatt

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
Let's start with the dumb questions first. :)

Have you rebooted? What kind of issues are you having with the install? It wont' start? Hangs? Stalls?

rebooted several times i've tried over a few days. It downloads then when it goes to install it says "Install unsuccessful". And it is just these two applications. I can install other applications but for some reason these two just choose not to install.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I downloaded angry birds about 90 minutes ago without any problems.

OP
VideoGameMatt

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
Hmm. Have you tried to install the ad-supported version of Angry Birds from GetJar - Appsolutely Everything for Nokia, BlackBerry, Android, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG, Palm. just to see if it's the app or something up with your phone?

ok so i just used that site and then downloaded the apk to my computer then uploaded it to dropbox then i used dropbox to install the apk and it still won't install. I think my Droid hates birds because the other app that wont install is a penguins of madagascar puzzle game :icon_eek:

Zac7

Reaction score
I am on cm6 and I can't install angry birds either. I wish I knew why I really want to try this game.

Zac7

Reaction score
It downloads all the way then says install unsuccessful. I read that it needs a lot of room to install so I freed up 62mb and it still wont install. Any ideas as how to get it to work?

Zac7

Reaction score
Didnt work tried clearing cache in recovery and cleared market cache still install unsuccessful

OP
VideoGameMatt

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
This is a very baffling problem. If we can't even sideload the app then there must be something about the app and the rom that don't like each other. This is so confusing o_O