Can't install security certificate Exchange ...

Champ

Reaction score
email HELP.

Hello all,

I keep getting this message when trying to install my corporate security certificate so I can use my corporate exchange server email, etc.
"The application Certificate Installer (process com.android,certinstaller) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

I placed the exchange server security in its own folder on the SD card. If I don't get the message above, I get a "no securiry cert found" My IT guy is on vacation and I was hoping to get my email going now.

Thanks,
Champ

jwhizzy

Reaction score
email HELP.

Hello all,

I keep getting this message when trying to install my corporate security certificate so I can use my corporate exchange server email, etc.
"The application Certificate Installer (process com.android,certinstaller) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

I placed the exchange server security in its own folder on the SD card. If I don't get the message above, I get a "no securiry cert found" My IT guy is on vacation and I was hoping to get my email going now.

Thanks,
Champ
The Droid will only except the SSL Cert file in a .p12 format. I have the same issue with mine as well. In order to install this file on your Droid you must convert the cert file into this format, but it requires your private key. Not good. It was recommended to me to use a secondary app called Touchdown for Microsoft Exchange sync. Tried it but doesnt make sense to have to use a third party software.