Can't install Liberty from liberty toolbox pro

ubyte

Reaction score
I have a dx with gingerbread rooted on it. When I downloaded the v0.9 it asks to install and boot into clockwork recovery. It also asks to wipe data which I have select the bottom 2 choices as I don't care about the rom I currently have on there I didn't backup the rom. It reboots and back into my current gingerbread rom. I also downloaded the clockwork recovery app as well thinking that might help it in getting into recovery mode and installing it but that doesn't work either.

I would be ok with opening it in recovery mode and doing it manually but where does the Liberty Toolbox Pro download the rom to?

I am new to installing custom roms but love the idea of changing the whole OS look and feel (sort of like getting a new phone). I have done some spf on this phone and thought that it would be real scary but really is not that hard. Also this is my first post on the forum.

uByte

J

JriderG

I believe you have to add .zip to the file you download. It will be under liberty folder then nightlies.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
ubyte

ubyte

Reaction score
Its under romtoolbox. I was looking all over for the liberty. I will give it a try and let you know.

OP
ubyte

ubyte

Reaction score
I got it. I ended up renaming it manually and booting into clockwork recovery myself. I was also getting a bootloop where the liberty eagle was spinning around and never booting up. I did a factory reset from the bootstrap recovery and now I am in liberty.

I am however having an issue with the calender app widget not showing up on the home screen. No matter how many times I have tried to add it it never shows up. Any suggestions?

Ubyte