Can't Google when offline

Crockett

Reaction score
I’ve upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S4 to a Samsung Galaxy S7. On my S4 I could successfully Google something when offline but when I Google something with my new S7 and I’m offline, it tells me I’m offline and to try again later. I’ve tried changing so many settings to fix this, I can’t remember all I’ve tried! My phone is still on Android version 6.0.1. How do I fix it?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Google has been rolling out an update for its Android app that makes it easier to search the internet with an inconsistent internet connection. Users can make searches when offline and the Google app will store them, delivering the results later (with an optional notification) when the device gets a signal again.

You can not do an actual search when offline. You most likely Googled something that was stored in your phone's history and not getting any new Google results.

OP
C

Crockett

Reaction score
Google has been rolling out an update for its Android app that makes it easier to search the internet with an inconsistent internet connection. Users can make searches when offline and the Google app will store them, delivering the results later (with an optional notification) when the device gets a signal again.

You can not do an actual search when offline. You most likely Googled something that was stored in your phone's history and not getting any new Google results.

My wife upgraded her phone from the S4 to the S7 as well and she's able to do a Google search when offline when I'm right beside her and unable to do the search with my phone.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I can't imagine how that is possible. How can your wife's phone find information on the web without being connected to the web.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Right. As Jeffrey said, Google is good about storing information from previous searches or usage but it's impossible to search online while offline....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife upgraded her phone from the S4 to the S7 as well and she's able to do a Google search when offline when I'm right beside her and unable to do the search with my phone.
Is she able to go to the link as well or just have the result pop up and state she's offline? Are you both syncing the same Google things in your accounts? Are you both syncing Chrome? Things like that.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><