Can't get rid of 1 email

jsprings

Reaction score
Okay, I received an email (spam of course) on my pop3 account on my Droid. Tried to read it delete it and couldn't. Tried to read it (to delete from the display) and couldn't. Can't find where emails are located on the device so I could delete while mounted.

Anyone else seen this? Any idea how to get rid of it?

Thanks,

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you try turning the device off and on to see if in fact it's actually deleted but just doesn't look like it is?

LsL

Reaction score
Can't help other than confirm the issue. I too have is a single email listed in my pop3 account inbox that I can't make go away. When I mark and hit delete, the "message deleted" prompt displays. The body of the message is gone, but the email remains listed. If I activate the favorites star in the upper right, the mail app forcecloses. Otherwise, and for all other email messages, the mail app works fine. The offending email is not spam, and other mesages from the same sender deleted fine. I can power off and back on and the email remains listed even with the microSD removed. So, any help short of a factory reset would be much appreciated!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can't help other than confirm the issue. I too have is a single email listed in my pop3 account inbox that I can't make go away. When I mark and hit delete, the "message deleted" prompt displays. The body of the message is gone, but the email remains listed. If I activate the favorites star in the upper right, the mail app forcecloses. Otherwise, and for all other email messages, the mail app works fine. The offending email is not spam, and other mesages from the same sender deleted fine. I can power off and back on and the email remains listed even with the microSD removed. So, any help short of a factory reset would be much appreciated!

Might be as drastic as a factory reset in terms of preserving the emails you want to preserve but have you tried deleting the pop3 account and recreating it?

Geopelli

Reaction score
I was going to post a problem I was going to call Rogue Email but I see someone else has the same problem. A single email that just won't go away. I've an my rogue email for about 2 weeks.

Help me get rid on this omnipresent email.

OP
jsprings

jsprings

Reaction score

Might be as drastic as a factory reset in terms of preserving the emails you want to preserve but have you tried deleting the pop3 account and recreating it?

I thought of that about 30 minutes before I read your response.

I don't keep email on my droid, so no problem deleting and recreating pop3 account. Will report back.

Reporting back!

Got my Droid day one, Nov 6, 2009.

Set up email and everything else.

I get a lot of email and I don't keep it on my Droid. Would delete from inbox but didn't think to delete from trash.

Long story short. I had tons of trash. Took me two hours to delete, then deleted account and re-created. Now no rogue email.

Last edited:

bamfsig45

Reaction score
settings, applications, manage apps, gmail storage, clear data. Try that.

Yodes

Reaction score
I have had this problem before. For me its always worked to just get onto the account on the computer and delete from there. After that my Droid has been good to go.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never had this problem but I was going to suggest the same as Yodes (use your computer and see if that deletes it).

Mike

DebDroid

Reaction score
Its funny how you can have a problem and someone else has it too. lol that 1 email was driving me nuts. I am going to try logging on to the computer and see if that takes care of it.

OP
jsprings

jsprings

Reaction score
settings, applications, manage apps, gmail storage, clear data. Try that.

Except that it is a POP3 account and has nothing to do with gmail.

Anyway, see above, problem solved.

Thanks,

Geopelli

Reaction score
I have had this problem before. For me its always worked to just get onto the account on the computer and delete from there. After that my Droid has been good to go.

In my case, the email had been moved to trash and deleted from my PC several days a go.