Can't get email on Droid

sddiva

Reaction score
Hello! I have had my Droid since Sunday and cannot get any of my email addy's to work on the new device. I spent 2 hours in the Verizon store where I bought the phone and about 5 hours total on the phone with Verizon Tech Support and Motorola's Advanced Tech support and nothing they did worked. Anyone else having this problem?

I love this device but it is no use to me if I can't get my email on it!

Any help would be appreciated!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd refer you to the FAQs of this forum. But tell me. Why did you leave the Verizon store with no email? I wouldn't have tolerated that. I would have left with a different phone.

OP
S

sddiva

Reaction score
They gave me a toll free number to call verizon tech support......so i gave it a try! I have wasted too much time on this already. I don't want to return the the phone. I like the advantages of the Droid, but it is no use to me if I can't get my emails!

I really hope someone can tell me how to get my bellsouth.net email to work on this phone. Otherwise, I'll have no choice to return the Droid and get another Blackberry.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They gave me a toll free number to call verizon tech support......so i gave it a try! I have wasted too much time on this already. I don't want to return the the phone. I like the advantages of the Droid, but it is no use to me if I can't get my emails!

I really hope someone can tell me how to get my bellsouth.net email to work on this phone. Otherwise, I'll have no choice to return the Droid and get another Blackberry.

Did you set up a gmail account? Then in the settings have it get all email that's sent to your bellsouth email?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

dude bellsouth set as pop3 should be cake! What are your settings? Also do you have a gmail account and are you signed in on your device?

OP
S

sddiva

Reaction score
Oh WOW! I just figured out how to do that! It worked too! THANK YOU! BIG OL' HUG FROM THIS SOUTHERN GAL!!!!!