Can't get CM7 working correctly

pfox90

Reaction score
So, I have been trying to flash CM today and have been having issues. I SBF'd correctly, everything goes fine. Then I upgrade with the OTA update via stock recovery, root goes fine, and getting recovery right works. The issue I have is I wipe date, cache, and dalvik cache and then flash the CM zip and the gapps zip. After this, I try to reboot into the rom and I get stuck at the red M logo. Any ideas?

lizard

Reaction score
Since you took OTA via stock recovery, do you mean you flashed it as a .zip as well? You have to use official GB release, not leak, or monster versions. From stock Froyo go Menu>Settings>About phone>Check for updates......then accept update.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

lizard

Reaction score
Your not doing this from clockwork are you. I don't think your supposed to use clockwork right after flashing the rom. I wiped and cleared before flashing also davlik. If your gonna do it after do it from stock recovery. Anyone else???

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
P

pfox90

Reaction score
No, I never actually get to the ROM. The exact list of events is this:

1. SBF with RSD
2. Download the OTA update (I've tried 2 times after this post and done it from the system updates option only)
3. Apply it
4. Get root using the the method from this link: [ROOT/UNROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX) - RootzWiki
5. Get clockwork on using the Droid 2 Bootstrap from the market
6. Put the rom and Gapps on my sd card (I have tried using rom manager and it just reboots the phone when trying to auto-install)
7. Wipe data, cache, and then dalvik from clockwork
8. Install CM and gapp zips
9. Reboot and get Red M logo