Can't flash SBF

barski

Reaction score
I tried out the Fission 1.1 Rom and ended up with nothing but problems. I can't get root again, and i have tried everything i can think off. Now im down to a SBF flash. I have the SBF and rsd lite but rsd doesn't see my device. I can see my Droid X under my computer and view the files on the SD card but that's about it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers multiple times. Now im lost and looking for some guidance.

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
I think i might have found the problem. The MTP USB Device driver always fails to install. Would that cause my problems? Anyone have a link to the driver?

Thanks

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
I know this may sound crazy, but here it is. I installed moto drivers about 4 times then rsd lite. My droid x wouldnt show up in rsd, being a little ticked off i slammed my Droid X down on a wood desk, then it showed up in rsd lite.

I know, i know...no way. Well either something with the slam or it just decided to work after i slammed it down. :icon_ banana:

mizlplix

Reaction score
Same deal here

One day it is recognised by my Win 7 comp/ next day it only reads the SD card.

I finally unplug/replug it during the search phase and....OMFG...it gets recognised.

Welcome to the wonderful world of windows. It does it under XP also, but it seems to work more often under XP.

SO...I bought an $80 ancient laptop out of Craigslist, cleaned it out and ONLY use it for my Droid X.

BTW: My laptop/Droid tether unsynchs after 3 seconds and defaults to my home wi-fi....BUT my IPad tethers perfectly and stays there. Too bad the IPad has so many issues with the Windows friendly internet environment or it would be a perfect all around device.

MIZ