Can't find certain apps on market.

aeidian

Reaction score
Specifically the LCD Density program I paid for. I had it on 2.2 Fission, but now my device is not recognized. I emailed the dev of the app and he told me about marketenabler. I downloaded that, but I can't figure out how to make it do anything. I'm on Verizon and in the US, each time I try to make it fake another provider, it doesn't change anything, I still can't find my app. What's the deal here? How do I make it so I can see that app?

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
i have had that happen anytime i flashed apex, try this:

go to Jrummy's index

download the file "fix.apk" and place on root of your sd card; and install it on your D2, this solved my market app dilemma.

OP
A

aeidian

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I got desperate and tried the Droid Eris Fix on the market. It clearly says it's not for any other phone, but it may work, or it may screw things up. In my case it worked, at least to show the LCD Density Changer app. Netflix was still a no go. I just got the .apk for that one though.

OP
A

aeidian

Reaction score
I installed this .apk and ran it, it force closed, then asked for SU permissions, which I gave, then reran it and it force closed again. Hit the reboot, waited, ran the fix again, still force closed. I did do the Eris Market Fix before this, could that be causing a conflict?

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
not entirely sure, i guess you could always try restoring and trying it again? I have only used the jrummy market fix. Also Apex was the only time i have ever not been able to find and update all my aps from the moment a new rom was flashed.

OP
A

aeidian

Reaction score
So you think I should titanium backup everything, wipe data and cache, reflash apex, then do a restore data and apps? Is that what you mean by restore?

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
yeah or if u had a backup made in cockwork already... i no longer bother using tibu for system data just my apps , over the long run I found that anytime i mess up anything it just goes over better when i dont restore system data, esp since i change roms frequently

OP
A

aeidian

Reaction score
I didn't backup after the flash, only made a backup of the 2.2 rom I was using before the flash in case something went wrong. Suppose I should get in the habit of making a backup right after I flash.