Can't decide between this or Inc.

EchoX860

Reaction score
Physical Keyboards aren't an issue. Does anyone have the Incredible and switched to the Droid 2? I'd like your input as this will be my first Smartphone. I'm coming from an enV Touch

OP
E

EchoX860

Reaction score
I think I've decided to go with the Incredible

Butthead007

Reaction score
Droid 2 should have better battery life, but the keyboard is going to make the difference. Incredible is also slightly slimmer.Droid 2 has more memory.

th3drow

Reaction score
i switched from the incredible to the droid 2, though it has only been a day. impression are that the stock software on the droid 2 is alot better, it runs a ton smother (though that can be fixed with adw.launcher or launcher pro etc.) sense ui is probly the best stock ui out there.

I love having a dedicated camera button on the droid 2, but kind of miss the optical sensor. Droid keyboard is nice, it takes getting used to but it can be a decent bit faster than a on-screen board. As far as battery life, the incredible wasn't too great, i could get through the day but sometimes not to well. Plus is had a bug where it wouldn't charge all the way unless you turned it off and charged it.

Going to do a real use test of my droid 2 with the battery today (hopefully i remember to update this post) But overall currently voting the droid 2, though alot of my reason for it is the keyboard.

also, though i'm sure it will happen soon enough to the droid 2, if you can't wait to hack your device the incredible is fully rooted and unlocked now.

OP
E

EchoX860

Reaction score
I'm probably going to use Launcher Pro. I love the Sense UI weather widget on the Inc, however I found one that looks like it. So....we'll see, let me know what you find out please.

HirolMalt

Reaction score
I'm not lasting long with the Droid 2 battery: five to six hours of high email and data usage, some calls and I have to recharge the phone using stock battery. I've had the phone since launch and am still trying different apps/settings to see if I can make it last longer. I did notice that during the weekend, when such heavy email/data/phone use is down, the Droid 2's battery life lasts all day.

It's a bit sad that my Touch Pro 2 -- which has an OK battery life after I installed a custom rom on it -- puts the Droid 2 to shame in terms of how long it lasts on one charge :/

Just something to consider.

tkh

Reaction score
Like EchoX860, I went from an enV touch to the Driod 2, also, being my first smartphone, I'm a bit frustrated. Maybe it's my lack of knowledge on smartphones, but somehow, I seem to have prbs with my D2. Sometimes it doesn't seem to respond. Tap the screen, but nothing. and also experienced prob with the camera. Tried taking pic, but after one shot, it wouldn't do anything. I had to exit the camera mode and then go back in. Same with browser. Had to turn my phone off and on just to get it to respond. Signal issue, constantly. I really consider switching to the Inc since my husband has one and doesn't seem to have probs. I really love my D2 and really want to give it a chance. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. thnx!