Can't connect SD card to computer

Cecil Harvey

Reaction score
Let me start by saying two things:
1.I am not very tech savvy, so I apologize if this was answered elsewhere and I just didn't know it was an answer to my problem.

2. I have successfully connected this droid to this computer to add music files, etc. I have no idea why I can't do it now.

I plug my droid into a USB port on my computer, then I drag down the notification screen and set my USB connection to "USB Mass Storage" mode.

I go to "my computer" and open the newly appeared "removable storage device". It starts installing MotoConnect, so I let it.

...Now what?

I could swear that in the past I have done the exact same thing, and after installing motoconnect, I can click on the very same thing in "my computer" and it lets me access the files on my SD card to add music, photos, etc. Now, all I can do is repeatedly instal/uninstall/"repair" motoconnect over and over, but I can't look at the files on my SD card. It appears as Motorola (F: ) under "devices with removable storage".

I've had this problem before, but after connecting/disconnecting my droid a couple of times, it would always eventually let me get at my SD card, now nothing. If possible, I would like to understand what exactly is going on so I can avoid this problem in the future.

OP
C

Cecil Harvey

Reaction score
Okay, I managed to get a hold of another computer, and when I connected to that one, My Computer showed two new things, the Motorola (F: ) and Removable Device (G: ).

So the question is: Why didn't the removable device option appear on this computer? And how come it used to appear (I've connected it several times in the past)?

Both are Dell computers running Windows XP, if that makes any difference.

For the time being, I just emailed the files to myself and transfered them from the other computer, but I'd really like to be able to connect to my SD card on this one, so any advice would be appreciated.