Cant Connect Droid to Computer with USB!

NOxAIMxBOT

Reaction score
Hello here is my problem, I have a Droid Continuum, i know piece of crap, never the less when i first got it i had no problem connecting to my computer or laptop for that matter. When it did work it would ask for media or storage something like that anyway. Now when i connect it to any computer all it does is charge. It doesn't pop up on the computer AT ALL. And also the phone doesn't know its connected to the computer. I have tried a couple things first i tried deleting the drivers on my computer didnt work. Then i completely restored my phone doesn't work. Yes my computer does have windows 7 and so does my laptop but i dont think thats the problem. Any suggestions??

Thanks in ADVANCE!:)

bcollins

Reaction score
Can you pull down your status bar it should give you more options. I believe you want to switch it to mass storage.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bcollins

Reaction score
Also of you did a reset make sure your USB debugging is checked off in your settings. Let me no if this works.

OP
N

NOxAIMxBOT

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the QUICK replies:)

Unfortunately they were unsuccessful i turned debugging off and i am also using the cable it came with, that it used to work with but no longer does. My computer still doesn't even recognize anything is being plugged in, and my phone only thinks its getting charged when i plug it in. Nothing pops up like it used to =(

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can you get adb shell? There are commands to mount the USB I can get you them tomorrow if you can get adb shell although this is more of a hack around :) could also be done through terminal emulator even root explorer now that I think of it

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

bcollins

Reaction score
Sorry might have worded that wrong, you need to have USB debugging on should have a a check.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Does your computer recognize any other USB device?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
jh2.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Dead pics?

OP
N

NOxAIMxBOT

Reaction score
Yes it picks up all other usb's such as my flash drives, my mouse, keyboard, etc. But not my phone. I even try connecting my phone to other computers and it does the same thing. It just charges, nothing else gets recognized. Any other ideas?

OP
N

NOxAIMxBOT

Reaction score
Yes it picks up all other usb's such as my flash drives, my mouse, keyboard, etc. But not my phone. I even try connecting my phone to other computers and it does the same thing. It just charges, nothing else gets recognized.