Cant connect bionic to computer please help!!

vern60

Reaction score
Ok so im not very tech savy so there is probably an easy solution. But before whenever i hooked my bionic to my computer a little window would pop up at the top of my phone asking what i wanted to do like if i wanted to charge only or use as a portable hardrive etc. But now nothing comes up i dont know if i accidently hit something so it wont come up anymore my computer wont even recognize it . I figured out its not my computer cus it will still work when i hook up to someone elses phone to my computer

if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated thank you

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
In the notification bar there should be a USB icon. Pull it down, and click on it. Your options should come back.

OP
V

vern60

Reaction score
haha thanks Scimino it worked! just talked to someone at verizon the other day and they said that wasnt the problem even called verizon and they sent me a new phone guess it all worked out for the better!

tlarseth

Reaction score
Try using a different usb cord. Motorola phones must use a motorola cord.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I use a cable from my Western Digital Terabyte External, since the one that came with my Bionic crapped out, and so did the Verizon brand replacement they gave me to replace it under warrantee. They charged about 12% of the time, have to unplug and replug it into the phone, and it quit working as a data cable all together, I believe it is an issue with the phone possibly shorting them out, I have tried the cables with my wife's Samsung Intensity II, after they were acting up, and it does the same with her phone as well.

So basically it doesn't have to be a Motorola or Verizon charger, but with the others you are hit or miss. The Intensity II charger will allow USB connections. What it is, is there are two type of USB chargers, and most generic chargers don't have the extra pin in them that is required for computer USB data connections.

I did research on this when by off brand charger for my Garmin GPS kicked it into computer USB connection mode when plugged into car cig lighter port, and I found out it had the extra pin, and I had to remove it, and my problem was fixed.

trilliumZ

Reaction score
SOLVED -
I had the same problem - Droid Bionic would not connect via USB to my Win7 / 64 Dell PC. It saw the device, but said the driver was missing. Phone showed in Devices and Printers, and in Device Manager, but was unrecognized. Keys for me -

- Use a Motorola or known compatible USB cable. Most work, but some don't.
- On your phone, go into Setup / Developer Options / USB Debugging. Turn this OFF. This was on for me and caused the next step to not work.
- Go to Motorola's Droid Bionic site and download the latest Motorola Device Manager, and install.

Now when I connect my Droid, a Motorola popup lets me select how to view my files. All is good.