Can't cancel downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

pequannock

Reaction score
A couple of days ago I tried to update the Wikidroid for Wikipedia app on my Droid; Market said there was an update available and I tried to download it. It has never finished downloading. I have touched the "cancel download" button many times; all that does is force close the Market application, which then comes right back and continues trying to download the Wikidroid update. In the meantime I have updated other apps successfully. I have tried turning the phone off and on, and also pulling the battery. I also uninstalled the Wikidroid app from my phone. None of this made any difference. So, everything appears to be working normally except it won't quit trying and failing to download Wikidroid. Any ideas on how to fix this? As a last resort I know I could try a factory reset, but that's a big enough pain (I've done it before) that I'd rather see if there are any other options first. Anyway, I don't know if that truly would fix it, or if the Market would still try to download this app even after a factory reset.

OP
P

pequannock

Reaction score
Found the solution to this problem elsewhere. Go to settings>applications>manage applications>all>market and clear data (I also cleared cache, but I think it was clearing the data that resolved this issue).

Status
Not open for further replies.