Can't bump charge with Clockwork Recovery installed.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a Thunderbolt issue or a Clockwork Recovery issue or I just have a bad install. But since I rooted and put Clockwork Recovery on the phone if the phone is turned off and I plug the charger into the usb port the phone boots into recovery.

I've never used Clockwork Recovery before. Is this normal behavior? And if so, is there a way to turn it off so I can charge the phone with the power turned off?

Nate

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to the proper area, Nate please try and search before starting new threads. I don't know if there is an answer for this or not but we are getting a lot of threads on the same subject. Not picking on you, this goes for everyone.

cnmsales

Reaction score
It only does this if plugged into USB. Plug it into a regular charger and you should be ok.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
I did plug it into a regular charger.

Nate

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Thanks for moving it, hook...but where am I now? In the Droid Forums app it doesn't tell me where I am. Someone turn the lights on.

Nate

cnmsales

Reaction score
Your in the thunderbolt sub forum Hacking.

So it does this when plugged into a regular phone charger?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
it does it when plugged into anything - just the way it is right now - not "normal" for clockwork, but no "fix" for it yet either

nate you should check out thunderboltforums.com - it's getting pretty active pretty quick... good source for TB stuff

cnmsales

Reaction score
What version of CWM are you running? I am on 3.0.2.4. And I do not have this issue.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
3.0.2.4 here too.

Nate

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

givmedew

Reaction score
Is there any proof that bump charging doesn't work while the phone is off? In all honesty the same thing happens when the phone is on. It says its charged you unplug it and plug it back in and it starts charging again right?

razvu

Reaction score
Same problem about bump charge!

I have the same problem: ROM Manager v3.0.1.4, ClockworkMod 3.0.2.4, when I turn the phone off and plug it into wall charger, it goes to ClockworkMod recovery and I cannot charge the phone...
Thanks for any tips!