Can't boot into clockwork? "downloading do not turn off target!!"

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
When I try to start clockwork recovery (volume down and power), it says downloading, do not turn off target. I can't get to the other options like reboot, or recovery, but I can still boot my device up by pressing the power button. My USB debugging is on, I just don't understand why it is locking me out of clockwork when it worked before. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
iKN0WaGH0ST

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot.. so used to taking screen shots. You need to press volume down + volume up + power.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

throwbot

Reaction score
Hey man, the clockwork mod recovery for the nexus is only temporary your first time. To make it permanent, go to droid-life.com and hover over root (in the sub header) and then go down to galaxy nexus. You need to find their post where it explains how to root the nexus. If you go alllll the way down to the bottom of the post, it shows how to make it permanent using root explorer and deleting a file. DO IT NOW!!! I didn't realize this and soft bricked my nexus, now I'm ****ed with no recovery to flash the factory images.

extreme_emt

Reaction score
throwbot... want about the deoxed versions on clockwork? Someone also posted a stock non root in clockwork I thought.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

throwbot

Reaction score
Man I actually wound up pulling the ol switcheroo at the store. I was going out of town two days later and tried figuring it out but I didn't know what to do from the stock recovery and it wouldn't respond to my adb commands for some reason so I just screw it. Definitely being more careful this time around, I'm new to all of this and love roms but I def don't wanna wind up hard bricked lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums