Can't attach pictures to contacts

pugsleysr

Reaction score
After installing the update on the morning of the 8th I can no longer attach photos to contacts from pictures I already have in my phone. I can only attach pictures if I use take a picture. I also noticed my gallery app no longer works either. Has anyone else had this trouble? If so how did you solve it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Djay

Reaction score
Nah have not heard of this issue. I would probably try to clear the phone's cache through the boot screen

Ckerch

Reaction score
Does the contact you are trying to add picture to have a Facebook account? If so, you will need to open that contact up and unlink the picture to facebook.

OP
P

pugsleysr

Reaction score
I currently do not have a face book account I simply cannot attach pictures already in my phone, nor does my gallery work.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Are you trying to do this by going in an "Editing" a contact from the Contacts menu?

1) Click "Contacts" button at the bottom of the screen..(torso shaped button)

2) Click desired contact name to assign picture

3) Click hard Menu button at bottom Left of the phone (4 squares)

4) Click "Edit"

5) Under Edit Contact, click the "picture frame with "+" sign...box should pop up with 2 choices, "Take photo or Use Existing Photo"...

6) Choose "Use existing photo" by tapping it...

7) Menu pops up to navigate to picture to be used, Gallery is 1 option.

8) Go to photo desired and tap it...now you should be able to "crop" it to desired fit...click "save" when done

9) If steps were followed correctly, that picture should be displayed as that contact picture in the "edit contact" screen...click "save" at the bottom and you are done.

Have you did this, or are you just trying to assign the pic from the gallery?

leshmoe

Reaction score
Does work for me either

Doesn't work for me either. I even brought it into a Verizon store and they couldn't figure it out either. The only way I can attach a photo to a contact is to use the option "Take Photo". Its definitely a bug.