Sending pictures from Gallery and Gmail: File too large to attach error

icaneatlikeacow

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I wish my first post here was not one of reporting a problem... but then again I've been enjoying my droid x since it came out that I haven't really had the need to seek help here.

Anyways on to the problem. If I try sending an image no larger than 9mb through the droid x gallery (gallery -> select picture -> menu -> share -> gmail), I get a message of "file too large to attach" and it goes straight to gmail without attaching the file.

At first I thought maybe I was attaching a video by accident but I made sure it was definitely a file less than the 25mb limit gmail has for attachments.

So then afterwards from the email (in gmail with nothing attached) I go and (menu -> attach -> files) and go through to where the file is and attach it through that means and it attaches with no problem.

So this is great but, sending a file through gallery is definitely much easier as it appears to load up faster and have a way to see a full screen preview before sending it out. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this problem or if there is a different gallery app out there that will easily pre attach the photo to an email without seeing the file too large to attach error?

Thanks!dancedroid droid x does rock though!