Solved can't add photos to contacts

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
Hi,

I was going to replace a contact image in the native HTC people app and when I tried to do so, I got a pop-up saying "there are no photos on your phone". I have hundreds of images on my ext sdcard but there's no option to navigate. So I tried putting a few in the internal storage but I'm still getting the message.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not sure. Can you start from the picture in your gallery of a certain person and then hit the menu button and select "Set as..." and then "Contact picture"? That used to be an option.

I sync mine from Facebook these days, so I'm not sure if the functionality was specific to a phone I had or native to android.

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
Not sure. Can you start from the picture in your gallery of a certain person and then hit the menu button and select "Set as..." and then "Contact picture"? That used to be an option.

I sync mine from Facebook these days, so I'm not sure if the functionality was specific to a phone I had or native to android.

I figured it out.

I tried your suggestion and it wouldn't take. I decided to check the gallery settings and it was missing. So then I used TBU to look for it and as it turns out, it was frozen for some reason. I defrosted it and It's all good now.

Thanks for the reply.