Can't Access my corporate mail after latest update

librown

Reaction score
I purchased my phone 8 months ago and set up my droid to access my corporate email through exchange. For the entire 8 months I was able to sync my calendar and email. After the verizons latest update it totally screwed up my settings on my phone. Serveral of my contacts were missing, I can't access my corporate email, I can't access certain apps. I was sent a new phone but now I still cannot access my corporate mail. Nothing has changed on my company and verizon has no clue what could have caused this to just not work after 8 months after a update that was done by them. Does anyone know if I will be able to access my corporate email again....

matto1901

Reaction score
same problem

I'm having the exact same problem since an update a few days ago. On top of that, because of the changed settings, my phone constantly is seeking to sync my corporate email and draining the battery extremely quickly. Any help from anyone on this?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you using the stock email program or another app to access your emails?

matto1901

Reaction score
yes, using the native corporate email client. Haven't purchased touchdown and hesitant to add another app, improved mail, if there is a fix on the way.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes, using the native corporate email client. Haven't purchased touchdown and hesitant to add another app, improved mail, if there is a fix on the way.

How do you access your corporate email? I know some do it over wifi, and some do it through their OWA (Outlook Web Access) Page. For some reason the only thing that actually works for me and my company is touchdown, it adds the correct security certificates automatically, where as the native one gets messed up easily. I know K9 is another email app that I know many use, it's also free, you can use it for a test to see if one connects and the other does not.

coryj558

Reaction score
I purchased my phone 8 months ago and set up my droid to access my corporate email through exchange. For the entire 8 months I was able to sync my calendar and email. After the verizons latest update it totally screwed up my settings on my phone. Serveral of my contacts were missing, I can't access my corporate email, I can't access certain apps. I was sent a new phone but now I still cannot access my corporate mail. Nothing has changed on my company and verizon has no clue what could have caused this to just not work after 8 months after a update that was done by them. Does anyone know if I will be able to access my corporate email again....

The same thing has happened to my Droid...Immediately after updating last week to the new "Flash enabled 2.2", my corp. email broke. The email app force closes after entering my mail server and login settings. I was told to wait to call back to my rep (gave me her #) until this Thursday. I did just go by a local store and they are shipping a replacement OG Droid1 out and I should get it tomorrow. This will prove to them that it is the Droid and not my corp.'s email server; at that point I expect to be switched into a new model. The lady on the phone agreed that if by this Thursday a magic fix hadn't been sent to my phone, that I was approved for another model.

This is a bunch of BS, email is a major feature of the phone and a part of the OS, it should have been regression tested. My wife works for the same company and her Incredible's email works fine with the original settings still.

R Droid

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my Exchange mail. I used Touchdown but wasn't going to have each user pay the extra for it. So I've been testing Improved Mail and it works fine.
The only problem with Improved Mail is the last update removed all the settings and it had to be input again. That's going to suck if everytime they update having to walk 60 users thru the setup.

droiddadi

Reaction score
If you are on Froyo "Improved mail" from market works fine and it is free

OP
L

librown

Reaction score
MS Exchange Mail

Thanks for suggesting Improved Mail. I just downloaded it I am now able to access my corporate email and sync my calendar. :icon_ banana:

LADroid

Reaction score
Motoral rep getting calls on this

the motorola rep I spoke to said he getting lots of calls on this and had me install the Exchange Touchdown (free for 30 days). this worked. the stock e mail exchange app does not work, but he thinks there will eventually be a patch for this. hopefully the patch comes through before 30 day trial is up).
there are other posts about this on the Forum. some say they fixed the problem through settings on Exchange, so you might look there as well.