Can't Access Google Voice Settings Page - Error 500

HamDog

Reaction score
I'm trying to have Google forward my calls to my cell phone instead of my home phone. The only way to do this is to go to the Google Voice webpage using my default browser, then go to the settings tab and change forwarding.

However, as of yesterday, I can't access the settings above. I get the Internal Server Error - Error 500 message. I can view everything else, such as contacts, etc., but I can't access the Settings page. I have cleared my cache and cookies.

At the bottom of the page, there is a link to the desktop version of the page (rather than the mobile page that opens automatically when you go to Google Voice with the default web browser). When I use the desktop agent, I can access the settings page fine.

So I went to my home computer and loaded the mobile version of Google Voice (google.com/voice/m). I can see the page fine, but when I click "Settings", I get the same Error 500 message. So I don't believe this has anything to do with my phone. I think something happened to my google account where the Settings page isn't accessible through the mobile version of the site.

I have posted this to the Google forum, but have not gotten any replies. Don't know where else to go for help. I'm pretty certain this is an account issue with Google, but have no idea who to contact at Google.

Any opinions or suggestions?

OP
H

HamDog

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe no one else is having this problem here. To GV users: Do you ever use your phone to go to the website and change forwarding numbers? Has it worked in the past couple of days?

There are now several people who have reported the same issue on the Google message boards. So I'm glad I'm not alone. If you are having this issue, post in the Google board to make some noise.

Click here to go to the Google Forum Thread

hermanrock

Reaction score
I have the internal 500 error too

just noticed it today, it let me go in one time, but i selected the wrong forward number, so I tried to do it again with the error. over and over I have tried, clearing cache and password, no luck. was trying to select gizmo number to forward to but it set to my GV # instead.