Cannot send or receive picture messages via text

rmmcgar

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm using the GO SMS Pro app and, up until the last week, I haven't had any problems. Now, when someone sends me a pic message, it will just attempt to download and then I receive an error. When I try to send a pic message, all I see is the picture with the green arrow under it, attempting to send. Nothing ever happens from there.
I have no problems sending pictures to my computer, it's just via text that I have the issue.
Any help would be appreciated.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the cache from all of your downloaded apps? You can do this by hitting the Menu button, then Manage Apps/ Downloaded, start at the top, click into the app, scroll down, the tap the "clear cache" button. You will want to clear cache on all of your downloaded apps. After that power off the phone...then back on. You should see a difference. I clear cache frequently on apps that I use often. Hope this helps.

OP
R

rmmcgar

Reaction score
I do not have anything in my cache to clear; it says 0.00B I've also tried simply taking out the battery to sort of 'reset' things, to no avail.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
See if it's set as default app. I had the same problem with Handcent for a while and by not making it default it stopped acting up.
Where you checked your cache before, scroll down a little and tap clear defaults if it's not grayed out. If it is grayed out, it might need to be the default to work right and in your settings inside the app will be where to make it default, but it's been a while since I used that one so I don't remember the exact place where to find it.
As a last resort you might find uninstall Go then install it again to work also but you'll lose any texts you've got saved

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post