cannot download my apps from android market....

zero7404

Reaction score
i had to do a reset of my device and i have data and apps that i backed up using mybackup pro.....but when i go to the market and try to download mybackup pro, or any other app i've installed on my phone, it remains at "Authorizing purchase....."

i'm not sure what's going on here but it is frustrating, i thought the restore process would be as simple as the backup process.....but i found after resetting i had to activate the phone again, and then set up my gmail again.

so what was the point of paying for a backup app if i have to go thru setting up a gmail account again and downloading the app in order to restore ?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i had to do a reset of my device and i have data and apps that i backed up using mybackup pro.....but when i go to the market and try to download mybackup pro, or any other app i've installed on my phone, it remains at "Authorizing purchase....."

i'm not sure what's going on here but it is frustrating, i thought the restore process would be as simple as the backup process.....but i found after resetting i had to activate the phone again, and then set up my gmail again.

so what was the point of paying for a backup app if i have to go thru setting up a gmail account again and downloading the app in order to restore ?

Your the first person I've seen this happen too. When you went to reinstall your apps did you attempt it from Market/menu/downloads? That's how I reinstalled all my paid apps when I rooted. They all installed in no time at all.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
Your the first person I've seen this happen too. When you went to reinstall your apps did you attempt it from Market/menu/downloads? That's how I reinstalled all my paid apps when I rooted. They all installed in no time at all.

i had to input my google info to get access to the market. my purchased and downloaded stuff appeared. but i can't download any of them.

i had to reactivate the phone upon reset, would that have anything to do with this ?

honestly, i didn't anticipate problems along these lines with this phone and OS, but now i feel threatened that i can't get all my backed up data and apps back onto the phone.

great job to the Android team !

cbushnell

Reaction score
There's another thread on this, looks like the market is overloaded for the last hour or two. I'm having the same problem.