Cannot delete from Gmail trash folder

jgreg

Reaction score
I delete e-mails from gmail inbox and they go to the trash folder. I go to trash folder and place a check by the ones I want to delete. Before the update a delete button would pop up to delete from trash folder. Now two buttons pop up- "To inbox" and "Labels" - but no delete button.

Tech assistance says you have to now go online and delete them from your trash there to get them off your phone.

Is that correct or am I missing something?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I delete e-mails from gmail inbox and they go to the trash folder. I go to trash folder and place a check by the ones I want to delete. Before the update a delete button would pop up to delete from trash folder. Now two buttons pop up- "To inbox" and "Labels" - but no delete button.

Tech assistance says you have to now go online and delete them from your trash there to get them off your phone.

Is that correct or am I missing something?

I only delete trash every few months, so I had not experienced this. But I did just check and you/they are correct. There seems to be no way to get them out of trash without going to the Google/gmail. That's sort of stupid, but "it is what it is". I may switch back to K-9!!