cannot connect to wifi after .235! “avoided poor internet connection" message

Bionic_Racer

Reaction score
I tried turning the phone off and back on but it didnt help. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
After clearing the cache, delete the wifi connection you're trying to use, reboot twice, then try setting it up again.....

dautley

Reaction score
After clearing the cache, delete the wifi connection you're trying to use, reboot twice, then try setting it up again.....

As your on a fresh ROM your stuck with for now you might as well do a factory data reset if that doesn't work, also if your rooted and use TB do not restore data, thats messed up a few ICS Leaks for me, but the FDR always has taken care of it.

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Have you tried deleting the connection and re-establishing it? If you have, you may want to run the Samuri script again and reload .235 again. He just updated it again tonight, it now runs thru RSD, couldn't hurt.....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
**UPDATE** when i go into wifi settings and hard press on my network, i go into advanced settings and under ip settings i switched it from DHCP to auto. well after doing that it says i am connected, however all the wifi signal bars are gray and i have no data--cant get on the internet or anything!

what is up with this??

Try putting it as a static ip.
I'm not near a wifi spot so I can't check my settings....

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
could this be happening because i messed up somewhere in the process of installing 235? could i have run the script incorrectly?

I doubt it...I would go in and forget the network connection then reboot and try again....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
There might be settings in your router you can change....but i cannot remember them at the moment. I know one is switching the channel its on....

Reaction score
Reset your router if you haven't already, I had the same issue a previous build and has to reset my router...

geekabilly

Reaction score
What I have found is that for some Bionic ICS ROMs the phone's WiFi MAC address is different than on GB builds and ROMs -- not sure why that would be, but I was experiencing the same symptoms that people are describing in this thread, and I have MAC access control enabled on my router -- as soon as I add the new MAC to the router, then connection is virtually instantaneous. No need to modify the WiFi advanced settings on the phone.

S

SFGate

I love it when problems with my device fix themselves! :biggrin: