Cannot click "Install" for .apk files

bassman1547

Reaction score
Showing the "welcome to droid bionic" screen with the green droid. just setting there..... havent seen "pass" yet though..

Copp

Reaction score
I had the same problem and isolated it to any application that changed the display backlight levels or colors. I was using three apps that all caused it. Screen Adjuster, Filter Your Screen, and Screen Filter all prevented the install button from working on apk files, but installations from the app store worked fine. If i disabled these apps, then the install button worked as expected.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

You just flashed your device to the full stock 902 build, and your welcome.

The tip earlier was right. I had color filters enabled in Super Manager Pro and that was preventing APKs from installing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zach_Basa

Reaction score
I had the same problem and isolated it to any application that changed the display backlight levels or colors. I was using three apps that all caused it. Screen Adjuster, Filter Your Screen, and Screen Filter all prevented the install button from working on apk files, but installations from the app store worked fine. If i disabled these apps, then the install button worked as expected.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

I know I am late to the party, but I wanted to thank this poster. I had Twilight running, which changes the screen color like f.lux. Thanks again FoxKat!

summer_dawn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Same problem. Was blue light filter. Removed it and all is well again. Never would have been able to figurethat out with out this forum. Thanks!!

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Same problem. Was blue light filter. Removed it and all is well again. Never would have been able to figurethat out with out this forum. Thanks!!
Glad it worked out! Welcome to Droid Forum btw!

sent from my sexy Note 4

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Love it when something I discovered 2.5 years ago still solves problems for people 2 years and 2.5 years later! LOL! So happy for you @summer_dawn ! :D

summer_dawn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Oh I was absolutely thrilled to find your post. Thanks!!

sent from my amazing samsung galaxy note 3