Cannot choose sync on phone calendar

kcd1369

Reaction score
On my droid 3, I can sync many calendars to my google calendar. But, when I enter events on my phone, they don't sync to google calendar.
I checked my setting and I have 2 options on the phone calendar just like the others but it will not allow me to turn on the sync function just visible.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mikedyk43

Reaction score
On my droid 3, I can sync many calendars to my google calendar. But, when I enter events on my phone, they don't sync to google calendar.
I checked my setting and I have 2 options on the phone calendar just like the others but it will not allow me to turn on the sync function just visible.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I might be misunderstanding you, but it seems you are trying set up sync from the calendar app itself. Go to system settings/accounts and sync and select the email account and you will get the sync options.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
K

kcd1369

Reaction score
Calendar sync.

I might be misunderstanding you, but it seems you are trying set up sync from the calendar app itself. Go to system settings/accounts and sync and select the email account and you will get the sync options.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

I have this set. I am getting calendar items to the phone from outlook and Google. But the events I enter on the phone are not going to Google.

mikedyk43

Reaction score
I have this set. I am getting calendar items to the phone from outlook and Google. But the events I enter on the phone are not going to Google.

I think you may want to consider setting up your gmail account as an exchange account, this allows not only for calendar syncing, but you also get your emails instantly. I discovered this some time ago and it works great. In your email app, delete your gmail account. Then select add account and type in your gmail account name and password, but instead of selecting next, choose manual setup. Select exchange and then in incoming settings change gmail.com:443 to m.google.com:443. Leave all other fields alone and press next. This will set up your gmail as an exchange account should fix your calendar sync issue as well. Let me know if this works for you.