Cancel text message?

outofcontext

Reaction score
On all my other phones, if I accidentally hit send or enter during a text message, I could quickly hit "end" and the message wouldn't be sent. Is there anything Motorola Droid that can cancel a text message before it's actually sent out? I've tried out a few things and haven't gotten anything to work, except sending a bunch of accidental text messages.

sir

Reaction score
not seeing anything with the default Messaging app, or Handcent.

Is the issue accidentally hitting the send button too often? If that's the case, you could try searching for an app that will require a confirmation to send?

OP
O

outofcontext

Reaction score
Yes, I accidentally hit the send button instead of the delete key. I've looked around at some text message apps but haven't found anything helpful. Can anyone recommend an app that requires a confirmation upon send?

sir

Reaction score
didn't see anything with handcent other than "confirm on delete". maybe email the developer of handcent and see if they'll add in that feature to the config and have it be opt-in?

seems that most people are having a lot of success emailing developers and getting responses in a reasonable amount of time.

JasonLee

Reaction score
If u are hitting the enter button on accident, this can be shut off in settings so you have to hit send on the screen instead of enter on the keyboard.

asylum

Reaction score
I have searched the settings in both the default Android Keyboard, Handcent, and through the Keyboard settings through the Home settings button and was unable to find how to disable the return key to send. Could you give more detailed instructions?

Thanks!

Kr4zexghost

Reaction score
yeah i agree. Most other phones, if you just press end, itll cancel the message but i dont know how to cancel a message w/ the droid. Luckily, i have yet to send a text that i didnt want sent, but i know itll happen so i do hope a solution does arise

MNG708

Reaction score
In Handcent, go into the application settings menu. Choose "send sms shortcut key" and choose "none". This will stop you from sending sms messages with the enter key.

SmartApps

Reaction score
I use 007Phone App for all my communication needs. This app ask for confirmation before sending out the message. It does the same for making a call.