Can you text on Xoom?

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
I just wanted to know if you can sent texts or make phone calls from the Xoom over WiFi? Also are you able to use your Verizon cell # you have on ur phone? Kinda like sync them up, but use ur xoom not the phone?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I just wanted to know if you can sent texts or make phone calls from the Xoom over WiFi? Also are you able to use your Verizon cell # you have on ur phone? Kinda like sync them up, but use ur xoom not the phone?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Hmm... I think you're going to get some strange looks when you're holding your xoom up to your face... Jklol

You could use skype or better yet what I would use is Google voice! It's great and would do exactly what you want and I'm pretty sure it works on tablets too... Not sure about syncing the number I don't think that would be possible.

outsidegangskilled

Reaction score
yes you can text with xoom

there is a few ways to text. using google voice. and textplus. textplus has a ad banner at bottom screen but its a free ap. textplus gold is $2.99 without ads.

Caleab

Reaction score
Can also use Skype thus far. Xoom handles vidcalls pretty decently.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can do both, text with SyncSMS and make phone calls with GrooveIP

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I use GrooVeIP, DeskSMS (paid) and Google Voice and can make and receive phone calls on my Xoom and get texts as well. Added advantage with this method is I can also get texts while on my laptop running Google Talk. So if my phone and Xoom are in the other room charging, I can still respond from my laptop just like an IM.