Can you recover back to 2.1 after you root to 2.3?

Teendaddy08

Reaction score
I am considering rooting my phone to 2.3 but if a problem occurs can I restore my phone back to 2.1?

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

doogald

Reaction score
Yes, you can. There is no SBF for HTC phones, but for the Eris there is a flash ROM called Flashback21_v2 that you can do, just as if you were flashing a custom ROM, that returns the phone to stock 2.1 unrooted and restores the stock Recovery (so you would need to root again if you wanted to install another custom ROM.)

Of course, you could also wipe data and wipe dalvik cache and flash a stock 2.1 custom ROM like xtrSENSE if you wanted to stay rooted.

Downloads and more info here:

[ROM][03/06/2011]FlashBack21 v2 -Return to Factory Stock - March 2011 OTA - xda-developers
[ROM][GPL][3/15/2011] xtrSENSE5.0.1 [cache2cache,apps2sd,oc,jit]-HTC Sense - xda-developers

If you do use Flashback21_v2, I am sure that one without the radio would be fine.

mamawm

Reaction score
Be sure to make a nandroid backup before you flash the new rom. If by some chance you encounter a problem, you can always restore the nandroid backup and all will be as it was before you started.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums