Can you get the Incredible if you lose your Eris?

TomMadison

Reaction score
Well, after reading the review on Engadget I would really like to get the Incredible. Can you get an Incredible if you have the VZW insurance and lose your Eris? I guess that that would not work now as long as they are still selling the Eris, but they have to be drawing down the inventory, right?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
as far as I know as long as they have the Eris, even as a refurbished phone, you'll get the Eris. even if the phone has hit eol.

now if they had no Eris in stock they would offer something compatible to the Eris; which would not be the Incredible.

fingaz

Reaction score
I highly doubt it since they are still selling the eris. Plus... the insurance company refurbish the messed up phones they get and when you get a replacement, its most likely a refurbished phone anyway. they usually have a constant stream of new or used replacements even after verizon stops selling the phones.

so... my guess is... you will have to def wait quite a while for them to upgrade your phone.

but.. idk how long you've had your phone for, but when i bought my eris, the guy said if i didn't like the phone and wanted a different one, I could pay $35 to get a different one. now, I don't know how long that offer stands for, but it might be worth trying. I mean... its less than the $50 replacement fee from the insurance.

fingaz

Reaction score
oh... but if you do find a way to get the incerdible, let me know, cause I want it, too. lol

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
oh... but if you do find a way to get the incerdible, let me know, cause I want it, too. lol

Do What I'm doing...Pay $529 and it's yours...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

droidaphonix

Reaction score
@fingaz. Yes, Verizon is definitely still selling the Eris and I imagine they'll keep it available as long as they have the inventory. It also makes sense for them to have a good Android smart phone, that's cheaper and smaller than the Droid & Incredible, that they can steer customers to if they can't afford the more expensive ones. Of course who knows what HTC and other mfgrs has lurking in the pipeline.

FYI: The Eris is currently $79 (after rebate) w/ 2 yr. contract via the Verizon web site (along with a buy one and get one free offer). BestBuy has the Eris for $29 w/ 2 yr contract. I got my Eris last month at BestBuy for $0 w/ the 2 year contract (at that time, Verizon was selling the Eris for $179 in stores and $99 online).