Can Wipe Superuser

AliasOther

Reaction score
i rooted my phone in froyo but verizon pushed a gingerbread update that unrooted it.
I am really not in need of a root on gingerbread.

system version 4.5.596
android version 2.3.3

I need to turn in the phone due to a warranty issue. How can i remove the superuser app? They will charge 299. if its on there.

I just did a factory reset.

How is this done?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You mean it upgraded to Gingerbread and didn't remove the root?

You will have to sbf back to Froyo. I'm sorry, I don't have a link for that. There is a lot of information in this area on how to sbf.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hook is right. You will have to sbf to Froyo, then you will have a clean slate. Then you can get the OTA Gingerbread update and not have the superuser app.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
AliasOther

AliasOther

Reaction score
What is SFB? and do you have any instructions on the process.

It was rooted in froyo then one morning i saw it up dating and pulled the battery. I tried it all but i couldn't stop the update.

I am not rooted at the moment the wireless tether app would give me the you need to be rooted to use this app, notification.
So i removed all of the apps for rooted devices and spent about 4 days trying to remove the superuser.app.

It has been lagging a lot since about 2 months after i got it. It got worse since Feb.

They say they will swap it for a new one but i kinda think it will still lag. I can not wait for the Bionic. I need a much more nimble smartphone.