Can we root without a PC yet?

Bixby

Reaction score
Don't think so? But if not, how long do u think it'll be until a 1 touch app is developed?

Sent from my DROID3

djrajir

Reaction score
Based on the type of exploit you need access to a computer, however it can be a windows pc, a mac, or a linux box.

Dmw017

Reaction score
Don't think so? But if not, how long do u think it'll be until a 1 touch app is developed?

Sent from my DROID3
Take your droid and a usb to your college/high school tech lab, computer cafe, public library, or any of the other numerous places where computers are open to public access.
Use a proxy if any websites you need are blocked and bring any files you would need to install on your sd card

wildride89

Reaction score
Bixby, it was super easy to root the d3. You just download some drivers and petes root tools. Use the prompt and after 3 reboots you're rooted. Easy as pie I promise

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Mugen

Reaction score
Uses thia same method. Quick easy and painless

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

rweb

Reaction score
See it from the good site:
Since physical control is needed for this exploit, our D3 is still save from malware etc.

Mandy don

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy s3
Please somebody help me root my samsung s3 without a PC, is it possible? Or tell me how to on PC, or who can do it for me please.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Please somebody help me root my samsung s3 without a PC, is it possible? Or tell me how to on PC, or who can do it for me please.

Hi Mandy, I know you told me you tried Towel Root in messages. It tells you that it's not compatible with your device? Which Galaxy S3 variant is your phone? What carrier? What android version is your phone on? Do you have the latest towelroot?

Mandy don

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy s3
Hi, I am not sure if I have the latest towelroot. Where can I find the latest if you know plea tell me.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Towelroot.com will have the latest version.
The official XDA thread doesn't say the S3 is supported though. There are however a few YouTube videos showing how to root the S3 using it, so you might look into one of those.

S5 tap'n

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hmm, after doing some research, it seems that towelroot doesn't work on S3 running 4.3...