Can not boot into Clockwork Recovery Mod

Flax

Reaction score
This is my first custom ROM instalation. I have installed GAPPS 4.2 and AOKP Milestone 2 on my internal SD card. The problem I am having is that my phone will not boot into recovery mode. I have Clockwork premium and have tried to boot with the app, and while the phone is off with the volume rockers. If anyone could please give me some steps to take I would appriciate it. I have tried looking through other forms for solutions and I can not find one. Thank you very much!

OP
F

Flax

Reaction score
As an update I was able to install a rom using safestrap. I still can not boot into recovery mode with clockwork mod, and also now my new jelly bean rom can not connect to verizon it says that it is constantly in airplane mode. any sugestions?

doogald

Reaction score
Any working AOKP ROM for this phone requires Safestrap and not Clockwork Recovery, and will not work with the Clockwork app on the phone.

Use Safestrap and Safestrap only to flash, backup, etc.

OP
F

Flax

Reaction score
?

Any working AOKP ROM for this phone requires Safestrap and not Clockwork Recovery, and will not work with the Clockwork app on the phone.

Use Safestrap and Safestrap only to flash, backup, etc.

how do i get the rom to connect to cdma? i have uninstalled clock work. why does clockwork not work?

doogald

Reaction score
The AOKP, CM, etc, ROMs for the Droid 3 require kernel extensions that are part of the bootstrapper in Safestrap version 3.x. (The kexec kernel that you may have seen mentioned.)

I'm not sure about CDMA not working. Try flashing it again from scratch. I never ran any of the ICS or JB ROMs on my D3 for longer than a few hours because there was too much that didn't work, or that worked poorly.